4 cups heavy cream or 4 cups of half-and-half
1/2 cup sugar
2 pinch salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 egg yolk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree & line bottom of a large baking pan with a damp kitchen cloth.
2) Bring a large pot of water to boil.
3) Beat yolk, vanilla extract, sugar, salt until smooth. Add heavy cream or half and half and combine.
4) Pour mixture into six 6 oz ramekins. Each is about 2.5 ladles worth of creme brulee mixture.
5) Place ramekins on towel in baking dish & place dish on oven rack. Pour boiling water into dish to
halfway up the sides os the ramekins.
4) Bake 25-30 minutes until custard is just set. Cool custard & refrigerated 4-6 hours.
5) Before serving, sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar or cane sugar over each custard. Use a kitchen torch or oven broiler
to brown top, 2-3 minutes.